This is one of my favourite meals to make. It is cheap and easy and the chicken can be taken out if you’re vegetarian/tight for money. This risotto is a lazy risotto and should probably be called something like vegetable rice! But it is one of the first ever meals I cooked. I think the recipe says to use bacon, but I don’t like bacon so I changed it to chicken!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 300g plain rice
- 400g chicken (diced)
- 1 onion (copped)
- Handful mushrooms (copped)
- 1 red pepper (copped) (I used yellow pepper here as there weren’t any red peppers in the shop)
- 4 salad tomatoes (copped)
- Tomato puree
- Frozen peas
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the chicken in a large pan/wok with some oil.
- Once it’s lightly browned add the onion, pepper and frozen peas and fry a little until the onion is soft. Set a pan of water to boil for the rice.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and fry.
- Once the water has boiled add your rice and cook it.
- Add the tomato puree, oregano, and salt and pepper to your big chicken pan and let it all fry gently until soft.
- Once the rice has cooked drain it and add it to the pan with the chicken and vegetables. Stir through and serve.
I hope you all enjoy today’s post. Let me know if you try this out! 🙂 See you again soon! 🙂