I found some really black bananas in the fruit bowl and decided to make some banana bread instead of throwing it away! So today I thought I’d share with you my banana bread recipe.
- 140g butter, softened (I used stork)
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 mashed bananas
Banana bread is an incredibly simple and quick cake to make 🙂
- Line a 2lb loaf tin and pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4. I cheat and use loaf tin liners.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs and add little by little with some flour to make sure it doesn’t curdle.
- Add the remaining flour, baking powder and mashed bananas and fold in gently.
- Pour the mix into the loaf tin and bake for around 40 mins.