This has definitely got to be one of my favourite meals to cook (and eat). It is really quick, cheap and easy to make 🙂 Plus it can be frozen in to portions for another day 🙂
Ingredients (I find this makes plenty of sauce for 2 servings):
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Handful of mushrooms (I use about 4 large mushrooms)
- 10 or so cherry tomatoes
- 500g Passata (sometimes I use a tin of chopped tomatoes instead)
- Tomato Puree (optional as the passata gives it quite a rich tomato flavour anyway)
- Garlic Granules
- Salt and Pepper (I never use these though)
- Spaghetti or Pasta (about 75-80g per person, unless you’re really hungry)
- Grated cheese (to finish)
I find that it takes about the same amount of time to make the sauce as it does to boil water, add the pasta and then cook the pasta (so about 20 mins maybe)
- Chop the onion and crush the garlic, add to a pan with a little oil and fry. Set the water to boil.
- Chop the mushrooms and half the tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Add the passata, tomato puree, herbs and seasoning and simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Finish with some grated cheese when serving.
See, its so quick and easy! And so yummy! If you don’t want it so tomatoey, you can use a tin of chopped tomatoes instead 🙂