Today’s Blogmas will take you through some of my favourite books that I’ve read in 2016. They aren’t books that have necessarily come out this year but books that I’ve enjoyed reading.
Last year I managed to read 52 books, and I wanted to match that target this year. But to date I’ve only managed 38 books. But I’m hoping to make it 40 by the end of the year.
So this year I’ve read:
- Harry Potter – The Creature Vault
- Harry Potter – Magical Places from the Films
- Meet me in Manhattan
- Harry Potter Film Wizardry
- Baby at the Beach Cafe
- The Reason I Jump
- Doctor Turner’s Casebook (A book to accompany Call the Midwife)
- One Night in Italy
- A Parcel for Anna Browne
- A Year of Taking Chances
- The Secrets of Happiness
- Recipe for Life (Mary Berry Autobiography)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – Illustrated Edition
- Travelling to Infinity
- The Story of Tracy Beaker
- Always with Love
- New Guard
- The Nightmare of Black Island
- Can You Keep a Secret
- The Dare Game
- A Cottage by the Sea
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Everything, Everything
- The Sky is Everywhere
- The Cosy Teashop in the Castle
- Vicky Angel
- A Compromising Position
- Harry Potter – The Artefact Vault
- Fantastic Mr Fox
- Walking the Nile
- A Place to Call Home
- The Cosy Christmas Tea Shop
- We Were on a Break
- Welcome to the Real World
- Me Before You
- The Christmasaurus
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
It is hard to pick favourites from all of these as I’ve enjoyed most of them!
A Recipe For Life – Mary Berry
I’ve grown up with the name “Mary Berry” and I knew she was a cook as we have recipe books at home. But it was only when I discovered “The Great British Bake Off” that I too came to love her. I loved reading this book as it gives a real insight into Mary Berry and her life. It was definitely a great read that I’d recommend anyone who has come to know her through the Bake Off.
Always with Love
I love Giovanna Fletcher’s Books. I adored Billy and Me and I was so excited that were getting a sequel to it. If you love chick-lit books I can’t recommend “Billy and Me” and “Always with Love” enough.
The Cosy Tea Shop in the Castle
Again, this was another great chick-lit book and I loved it and the sequel.
What books have you read this year? Have you got any suggestions for books to read in 2017?